What are the steps you can take to build your knowledge in your chosen fields?
Here they are:
- Choose the fields in which you want to build your knowledge
- Identify your sources for that knowledge-Books, Journals, Training, discussion groups---
- Develop a plan for utilizing these resources
- Read a book a week in your field
- Visit book stores once a week and buy the latest books in your field
- Buy the best sellers in your field.
- Buy CD ROMS connected to your field
- Record your own experience and learning connected to your field
- Fraternize with people in your field. Discuss and exchange the latest knowledge based inputs with them
- Study and utilize your company's knowledge management system
- Develop communities of practice in your field-You lead the way.
- Attend seminars and workshops in your field
The more you do these, the more demand you will be in.
Try these twelve steps; They will change your life forever.
You never know when you will need knowledge! Be prepared!
Do not forget to subscribe to Lifetime Learning through a reader, if you have not done so.
Do share this blog with your family, friends and colleagues-Digg it! Stumble it! and add it as your technorati favourite!