Here are the powerful principles for you:
- Higher the value you attach to an activity the more chance it becomes a recurring habit
- Breaking down an activity into 5 minutes sequential steps enhances the chance of it becoming a habit
- Identifying a milestone for every 5 minutes, till you reach the final milestone of that activity, enhances the chance of it becoming a recurring habit
- Going through the sequential steps every day for the next 21 days enhances the chance of it becoming a habit
- Visualizing discomfort of not going through the sequential steps of the activity enhances the chances of it becoming a habit
- Having tools and other resources ready and having them placed spatially and contextually in a manner conducive to the ease of execution of the sequential steps of the activity, will enhance the chances of it being done everyday, forever
- Monitoring the availability of the resources and tools and consistently replenishing them when they get depleted goes a long way in helping the activity to become a habit
Put these principles to steer useful activities to become habits of a lifetime.
Do share your experience here.