If you are having a rough day and you suddenly get a call that is irritating, as the person talking to you is arrogant and not listening to you or not willing to answer your questions, what do you do?
There is a great temptation to dump all the frustration on this one individual and give him your piece of mind. You may even feel good after such a conversation. However, the after effects of such an interaction can harm you more than anybody else. Your blood pressure may hit the roof, you get moody, and your anger may continue for another couple of hours.
How can you avoid this?
Here are a few tips:
- Relax consciously during the day
- Be aware of your emotions
- Constantly remind yourself that you could loose control of your temper
- Be aware of the affect others are having on you
- Postpone talking if you find yourself getting worked up
It is better to not have a conversation with an individual than to loose cool and destroy the relationship. Even if you want to persuade the person to your direction or cause, the time to have that conversation is when you are cool.
What do you think? Do leave your comments here
Do subscribe to Lifetime Learning through a reader