- Matters related to your profession-professional knowledge, trends in your profession --
- Matters related to the company you work for-policies, competitors, markets, industry trends---
- Matters related to the various laws of your country - tax laws
- Matters related to your hobbies
- Matters related to your education
- Matters related to your physical fitness
- Matters related to your child's education
The list can go on.
If you draw up a list you may have very different elements depending on your life's context. You may also find similar elements to the above list, as some of the elements are universal.
Your need to have in depth knowledge in each of these areas will depend on the various situations in your life and the various roles you play. These lists may change as you live your life.
It is important to draw up this list and identify the areas in your life that currently needs in depth study. It is also important to monitor and check this list periodically as many new elements may be added.
Draw up this list immediately! You may be surprised that there are many important elements you need to have in depth knowledge, but have scant knowledge about them.
Your ignorance may be causing you lots of trouble right now or may be building up a potential for trouble for you in the future.