|Time Waters-Ten Easy Steps To Tackle Them!|
If your answer is yes to the fact that there are lots of time wasters making you unproductive, then you need to take action immediately. The more alert you are to the endless possibilities of time wasters, the easier it will be for you to avoid them.
You have wasted the day if you have the following symptoms:
- You have a nagging feeling that you did not accomplish much
- You have a feeling that you did not do work that will contribute to yourself or others
- You spent hours on FaceBook, Twitter or any other social-networking sites
- You are stressed.
- There is a deadline coming up, and you have done nothing about.
- You have missed the deadline, and this is happening frequently.
- You are doing only work given to you by others.
- Take an inventory of time wasters
- Set out clearly what you want to accomplish for the day
- Take stock of what goal you can pursue on a particular day keeping in mind the unplanned demands that come to you.
- Write on a Post It or anywhere the goal you have selected to pursue
- Start working on the goal even if you have to work only for ten minutes at the earliest opportunity.
- Continuously come back to the goal after tackling important interruptions if any.
- Keep doing this until you have accomplished your goal
- Reward yourself
- Select a new goal
- Continue applying these steps