Why is that so?
What about you? Was this week, the best, in terms of productivity?
Let's make next week the most productive week! Here are few of my thoughts of how to accomplish, just that.
This is possible only if you have every day of next week taken care of.
How do you make a day, any day productive?
Here is what you need to do:
- Always have your days goals set the previous night. Never start a day with out a list of goals to achieve.
- Have a good nights sleep the previous day
- Get up sufficiently early to reach your work place an hour earlier
- Start your day wit tasks related to the first goal you have planned to go after. Never start the day opening your email.
- Complete at least one major task before you check your email.
- Do not keep your email open for more than 15 minutes. Get yourself a timer and ruthlessly shut down the email when the alarm beeps.
- Set shutting down as a cue to get out of your desk and walk away from your desk-may be to another colleague, just to say hello or to the water cooler or to any other place you choose; This is your break and limit it to just 10 minutes.
- Get back, refreshed, and start on another task related to the same goal or another goal.
- Determine a preset time you will work on the task, say 30 minutes, and set the timer on
- Ensure that you tackle at least two major goals in the first half of the day and two major goals (total 4 goals) in the second half of the day.
- Check emails periodically and act according to urgency. always get back to the task you have started.
- You can use minor, unrelated tasks as breaks too.
- Ensure you spread the goals around the dashboard (see previous post on dashboard)
- Ensure that when you get back you have goals set for home/personal front too
- Schedule an hour to do totally random non goal related things
Try this out! Do share your experience here.
Do not forget to subscribe to Lifetime Learning through a reader, if you have not done so.
Do share this blog with your friends and colleagues-Digg it! Stumble it! and add it as your technorati favourite!