We live in day in-day out doing the same things, making the same mistakes and vaguely hoping that some day a magic wand will be waived and we will become the kind of person we want to be.
If we really need to change, we then need to do the following things:
- Realize that we cannot change everything together
- Make a list of areas we want to change
- Identify those items on the list that are causing the maximum trouble
- Focus on one or two items and decide to make changes in those arenas
- List all the actions you need to do, in order to reverse the item you have identified and achieve positive change
- Start small
- List the people who can help you to change.
- Focus on getting small wins
- Celebrate when you achieve your milestones
By taking these steps you will find that you are turbo-charging the changes you want to achieve.