The pizzas & garlic breads came on time, while they forgot to give us the dip we ordered along with the garlic bread.
We called them and they said that it will be at our door step in 5 minutes. After an hour and two further reminders, I thought it is about time to set this situation right.
I called them up and gave them critique which finally resulted in they sending us the dip and refunding us money ( a 30% discount for the inconvenience caused). Why did this conversation yield success. I am giving below the factors that lead to the success:
- Carefully planned conversation
- Clear explanation of the situation
- Eliciting metaphorically the difference between the Pizza Restaurant & a Street vendor
- Linking what has happened to their values and showing them the in congruence
- Telling them of the consequences of not responding to me based on their own values
- Telling them what the same Pizza restaurant would have done in other countries
- Asking them how the will solve my problem
- Negotiating on the final outcome
They quickly agreed step by step to comply to, not just my wishes, but their own dear held values.
Have you had a similar experience? DO share it here in your comments.
If you liked this post and other posts, do subscribe to Lifetime Learning. Digg it! Stumble it! Make it your technorati favourite.