|Workplace conflict-managing it effectively.|
Workplace conflict, if not managed, can lead you to build negative images about yourself and your colleague. If you leave it alone for a long time, it can result in a breakdown in the relationship.
Eventually, when you try to resolve it without prior preparation, you can end up with a win lose outcome or a lose win outcome.Managing conflict has several vital steps.
Given below are some key things you can do to emerge with a win win outcome and build relationship while at it:
- Get facts on the table
- Look at the problem from the other persons angle
- Look at the problem from your side
- Imagine both of you looking at the problem together
- Brainstorm different alternative approaches to solve it
- Choose the best approach
- Remember the rational for the chosen approach
Once you set up the meeting you need to follow the steps given below:
- Vote for talking first
- Show a lot of respect
- Acknowledge the validity of others point of view
- State your own point of view
- State the solution with the benefits
- Openly talk about the pros and cons
- Invite the other person to comment on your solution
- Fine tune the solution based on the inputs given
- Be always prepared to consider alternative approaches
- Arrive at the final solution together
Workplace conflict can be resolved promptly-act now and build relationships.