If you are alert you will weed out the routines in your life that are dysfunctional.
Here are some examples of routines that are dysfunctional:
- Reading email through out the day without doing productive work
- Surfing the Internet aimlessly
- Visiting sites that you should not be visiting
- Doing things that are the loudest and the latest
- Water cooler conversations that go on for hours
- Getting through the day without planning
- Doing things just to get by and get through the day
These are just a few examples. You can make your own customized list. I can bet that if you have not weeded out your routines, you will have a long list.
Weed the useless routines that have accumulated, and substitute them with life enriching activities.