The word "NO" is one of the most useful words we can ever have.
Here are some advantages of using the word "NO":
- You will save a lot of time
- You will save a lot of effort
- You will build relationship and make it stronger because you are honest in the first instance
- You will have power on your side in a negotiation scenario
- You will save yourself from bad habits-Saying no to cigarettes is a good way to avoid the bad habit in the first place
- You will have the power to change your habits. I said no to sodas (Coke, Fanta---) and completely stopped them since Jan 1st.
- Saying "NO" enhances the power of your "YES"
- People around you will take you seriously
- A habit of saying "NO" will force you to think because you don't want to take your "NO" or "YES" lightly
I have listed only some of the advantages. I am sure there are a lot more.
What is important is to think through before we say "YES" and use "NO" whenever it is appropriate.
When was the last time you used the "Power of NO"?