You will find that you have unconsciously taken the relationship for granted. This will continue, until, for most of us, we get a wake up call; Alas by the time we wake up it is too late.
How do we prevent this?
Here are some important steps in this regard:
- Look for opportunities you are missing with that person to fulfill her unspoken needs
- Examine whether you have missed out on fulfilling some of her expressed needs
- Look back and check what fun activities you were doing together which you have completely stopped
- Anticipate her needs and make a list of them
- Look at the points that emerge from first four steps and develop an action plan
- Surprise her completely by doing something for her from the list you have drawn
- Start slow and gradually increase pace
Try this and you will be more surprised than she will be.