Here are a few steps to do them:
- Find yourself a free time-say about an hour
- Seclude yourself-you need to be alone for this exercise
- Look back at your life, as it is, currently happening.
- Ask yourself this question-Am I doing anything that is against my value system?
- List them down at random on a pad or in your PDA memo
- If you have more than two violations then you need to prioritize them
- Prioritize them by the biggest violation
- Select the biggest violation
- Decide to get rid of this behavior that violates your deep seated, principle based values
- Assess the impact of getting rid of the behaviour
- Give yourself a timeline to get rid of this behaviour
- Check out whether you can get rid of this behaviour on your own or you need help
- Reach out to your family members or close friends (if you are comfortable doing so) and take their support and help. This may require you opening up to them.
- Determine action steps to get rid of the behaviour
- Get rid of the behavior
- Reward yourself
- Continue this exercise till you have eliminated every non aligned behaviour
Try this out. It can have tremendous impact on your self-esteem. It will boost your self-esteem sky high. It will also relieve a lot of stress in the long run
Living a congruent life is foundational to living a life of joy and happiness.
What is your experience? Do share your thoughts here!
Do not forget to subscribe to Lifetime Learning through a reader, if you have not done so.
Do share this blog with your family, friends and colleagues-Digg it! Stumble it! and add it as your technorati favourite!