In our busy lives many of us get isolated. We tend to interact with some people more than others.
It may be because of the circumstances we are in right now or it may be out of pure chance; Whatever the reason, if we continue on this path we will loose touch with people who are important to us and they will grow apart from us; This more often happens with our near and dear ones.
Let me pose some questions to you:
How much time do you spend with your children?
How much time do you spend with your spouse?
How much time do you spend with your parents?
You could ask this question with respect to your other important relationships as well.
Here are the few steps you can take to turn the situation around:
- Ask the question frequently with respect to the quality and quantity of time you spend with people, important to you, to determine the deficits
- Acknowledge the deficits yourself and be aware of it
- Communicate to the person about the deficit
- Plan mutual activities together
- Choose activities that will promote being together and talking to each other
- Plan and block time on your calendar for the person you have chosen
- Do not plan to do something too far away in time
- Spend time together-enjoy